Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Whirlwind tour


That blur may be the effect of how fast the day went, visiting so many classes at school 53, in the Brazo Oriental neighborhood just on the other side of my usual stomping grounds in the Prado.



The blur may also be caused by the alarming number of kids who have been adding me on facebook. I hope this encourages them to keep working on their English. They can also see some of the photos from the places I talk about--Mexico, Spain, Ireland, and the US.


I met a number of famous people, too. The basketball squad and their coach are headed to Peru to represent Uruguay, after beating teams from private schools all throughout the city. Congrats! A blind student I met works on a radio program, and said he'd send me a link. And there was also a pair of young activists from Shoa, educating students in liceos about the Holocaust through the story of Chil Rajchman, a survivor who emigrated to Uruguay. They even gave me a copy of his book, Shh!


Thanks to the teachers, Patricia and Samantha, and all the students for putting up with me. I was getting sleepy by the end of the day, despite my chivito lunch and all their buena onda.

No comments:

Post a Comment